In life who can say that measurements isn’t an important thing? Measurements are used anywhere and in whatever undertaking. Let’s take for example, a car cannot carry more loads than it is prescribed, measurement is used to calculate the maximum.
In our healthy, basal metabolic index is calculated to know our healthy status. Industries it is the same story. One important place where measurement is carried out is in the kitchen. This article will educate you more on the types of measurements and how to convert grams to cups.More...
In kitchen, goods and materials are mostly measured in cups, grams or oz. what is used to prepare food or anything in the kitchen is known as an ingredient. Different recipes have different ingredients. In order to have the best meal, you need to mix them in a certain proportion.
The proportions are actually measurements. An expert cook will use the mathematics involved to come up with be exact measurements. This post talks more of how grams relate with cups and ounces.
First let’s look at dry good like flour, oats, butter
- 1/8 of a cup of all-purpose flour or confectioners’ sugar is equal to 2 tablespoons. This is equivalent to 16g. In terms of oz., it is 0.5623.
- I cup of well sifted bread flour is equivalent to 136g and in terms of ounces, it is 4.8oz.
- For rolled oats, a quarter of a cup is 21 g and it is 0.750z. If you expound this it means that for a cup it is 85 g and 3 oz.
- White sugar is different from confectionery sugar it is more granulated. Its measurements are as follows. a half cup is equivalent to 6 tablespoons, 100g in weight and in ounces it is 3.55 0z.
Converting grams to cups of sugar, salt and butter
- For brown sugar, it also differs from the rest. I cup is the same as 220g and same as 7.750z.
- Salt is added to almost any food which is been cooked to add taste and for healthy purposes since when it is iodized, it prevents goiter. Have ever asked yourself it measurement? Let me break it down for you. 2 table spoons are equivalent to 40 grams which is the same as 1.4 oz. a cupful is 300 grams or 10.71 oz.
- Butter is another essential ingredient in our foods and it measures as follows: 2 table spoons are equivalent to 30 grams. A cup is 240 grams
Convertion of liquids to grams depends on their viscosity
In kitchen, it is not only solid goods are used. There are liquids also used. Their measurements depend on their viscosity and the amount of food been prepared. Let’s take a look on some of the liquids. For honey or molasses syrup, their weight tends to be the same.
2 tablespoons of either of them is 43 grams and in terms of ounces they are 1.5 oz. For larger measurement, a cup of either of them is 255 grams, just slightly above a quarter of a kilogram and in ounces they are 12 oz.
Nearly all cooking needs water and it is important too to know how to measure it. I teaspoon is equal to 4.75 grams. Using this; you can have the following formula to guide you.
- 85 grams is equal to 17.85 teaspoons
- 68 grams is equal to14.28 teaspoons
- 17 grams is equal to 3.57 teaspoons.
In terms of milliliters I teaspoon is equivalent to 5 ml. I table spoon is equivalent to 15 ml.